30. live with
(1) live with someone: to live in the same house 寄宿在…家，与…共同生活
101.Phoebe: And I ended up living with this albino guy who was, like, cleaning windshields outside Port Authority, and
then he killed himself, and then I found aromatherapy. So believe me, I know exactly how you feel.
(2) live with someone: to share a home and have a sexual relationship without being married 与…同居
102.Ross: Carol's a lesbian. She's living with a woman named Susan. She's pregnant with my child, and she and
Susan are going to raise the baby.
(3) live with something: to accept something unpleasant 承认、忍受不愉快的事(常与have to，must连用)
103.Joey: "Warden, in five minutes my pain will be over. But you'll have to live with the knowledge that you sent an
honest man to die."
31.on the side
(1) in addition to your main job 作为兼职
111.Monica: Okay, he's a lawyer who teaches sculpting on the side. And- he can dance!
(2) (of food in a restaurant) served at the same time as the main part of the meal, but on a separate plate;
served next to something rather than on top of it (调味料)放在主菜旁边(不拌入)
119.Rachel: [on the phone] Okay, he's a, he's a black capuchin monkey with a white face… [Ross enters.]…with,
with Russian dressing and pickles on the side. Okay. Thanks.
(3) secretly or illegally 秘密地；暗地里
120.Mindy: Okay. Okay. When Barry was engaged to you, he and I…kind of…had a little thing on the side.
32. up to
(1) up to something: doing something, especially something bad 正在做；从事，忙于
101.Ross: So Rachel, what're you up to tonight?
(2) up to something: physically or mentally capable of something 胜任，能做；足以应付；适于
105.Monica: Did he give you that whole "You're-not-up-to-this" thing again?
(3) up to something: as far as a particular number, level, etc. 达到(某数量、规格等)
119.Luisa: Okay. Are you aware that possession of an illegal exotic is, uh, punishable by up to two years in prison
and confiscation of the animal?
(4) up to someone: to be somebody's duty or responsibility; to be for somebody to decide 该由…决定；
102.Ross: Well, Carol says she and Susan want me to be involved. But if I'm not comfortable with it, I don't have to be
involved. Basically it's totally up to me.