(1) first; beginning adj.开始的
102.Chandler: Yeah, I think for us, kissing is pretty much like an opening act, y'know? 【opening act: 开场表演】
106.Chandler: Oh yeah, and what would my opening line be? 'Excuse me. Blarrglarrghh.' 【opening line: 开场白】
(2) a ceremony to celebrate the start of a public event or the first time a new building, road, etc. is used；
the first performance as of a theatrical production n.开幕式；首场演出
106.Ross: You're right, you're right, it is…So you gonna invite us all to the big opening?
(3) a job that is available n.空缺的职位
223.Chandler: I was just telling Joey about the opening in Fleischman's group.
(1) difficult and unpleasant adj.艰难的；讨厌的；令人不快的
103.Ross: You had a rough day, huh.. c'mere.
220.Phoebe: But, ok, before that happens, there's some pretty rough goin' for a while but I think we can handle it.
(2) not gentle or careful; violent adj.粗暴的；粗野的；猛烈的
104.Receptionist: Hey! No rough holding in my ER!
(3) not exact; not including all details adj.不确切的；粗略的；大致的
223.Chandler: Look, if you wanna see some rough numbers, I can get them to you by Wednesday.
(1) to fall asleep; to sleep somewhere you do not usually sleep v.入睡；在不常睡觉的地方睡觉
101.Monica: Well, that's it .(To Ross) You gonna crash on the couch?
(2) to go to a party or social event without being invited v.未获邀请而参加或出席；作（聚会等的）不速
121.Monica: Monica and I just crashed an embassy party.
(3) to hit something hard while moving, causing noise and/or damage; to make something hit somebody/
something in this way v.(使)发出猛烈声音地碰撞、倒下
209.Chandler: He didn't want anybody to see him but he'd be drunk so he'd stumble, crash into something and
wake everybody up.
(4) if a vehicle crashes or the driver crashes it, it hits an object or another vehicle, causing damage v.
215.Rachel: When I was um, 7, I crashed my bike right out in front of his house and to stop me from crying he
kissed me right here.
(5) to make a loud noise v.发出隆隆声
223.Phoebe: And you hate fish. Oh. That's so sweet, alright. Ok, alright, you can see. This is me… (she unveils
herself right as a huge lightning bolt crashes outside. Ryan screams in terror.) Oh, I am scary.